• What type of personal information Follett & Co collets;
• How Follett & Co. collects your personal information;
• The purposes for which Follett & Co. uses that information;
• How Follett & Co. maintains and keeps the information secure; and
• How you may access, correct or update any personal information that Follett & Co. holds about you.
What is personal information?
Follett & Co may collect any of the following information about you if you are a current or prospective vendor, purchaser or landlord of real estate:
• contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
• driver’s license number;
• current property ownership details;
• desired property ownership details; and
• details of properties sold or acquired by you.
If you are a current or prospective tenant for a rental property, Follett & Co. may collect the following additional information from you:
• contact details (including, name, address, telephone number and email address);
• driver’s license number;
• employment details such as your employment status, employer, salary, length of employment;
• other sources of income; and
• personal and financial referees whom we may contact about your application.
Sometimes Follett & Co. may also need to ask you for other personal information to enable us to provide services to you.
How does Follett & Co collect personal information about me?
Follett & Co. collects your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in various ways, including through when you write to or email us, when you access and use our website and during conversations between you and our representatives;
Follett & Co. may collect information about you from the following third party sources:
• various databases in the public domain such as Telstra White Pages, Australia Post DPID database, Titles Office or other property databases;
• credit reporting bodies, law enforcement agencies and other government entities; and
• referrals and recommendations from existing clients of Follett & Co.
As part of its due diligence process prior to entering into lease or rental agreements with you, Follett & Co may disclose your information to authorised credit -checking agencies.
What happens if we can’t collect your personal information?
If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
• we may not be able to provide our services to you, either to the same standard or at all;
• we may not be able to provide you with information about services that you may want, including information about new properties that are available for lease or purchase; or
• we may be unable to tailor the content of our website to your preferences and your experience of our website may not be as enjoyable or useful.
Why does Follett & Co. collect this information?
Follett & Co. collects this information to:
• enable Follett & Co. to provide you with the services and/or products you may require;
• to comply with local, state or federal legislation or regulations with respect to real estate property sales, rental and administration;
• to enable Follett & Co. and its third party partner businesses to assist you with related or ancillary services, as required;
• for our internal administrative, marketing, planning, product development and research requirements
• to share your personal information within Follett & Co. (including between contractors or service providers)
• to update Follett & Co. records and keep your contact details up to date; and to process and respond to any complaint made by you.
How does Follett & Co use the personal information held about me?
Any personal information about you that Follett & Co. collects and records will only be used or disclosed by Follett & Co. for the purpose of: estate regulations and laws applicable for Victoria;
• helping Follett & Co. efficiently and effectively deliver and improve on products and services;
• any other purpose if you would reasonably expect Follett & Co to use or disclose that personal information for that other purpose and that other purpose is related to the purpose for which the information is collected;
• to provide you with access to protected areas of our website and to assess the performance of our website and to improve the operation of our website;
• to conduct business processing functions including sharing personal information within Follett & Co. and with its contractors, service providers or other third parties; and
• for Follett & Co. administrative, planning, product or service development, quality control and research purposes;
Follett & Co. may also use or disclose the information it collects for any other purpose specified to you at the time of collection.
If Follett & Co. wishes to use or disclose any of your personal information in any other ways than described above, Follett & Co. will not do so unless it:
• has your express consent to do so;
• has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life or health; or
• has reasonable grounds to believe that the use or disclosure is required by law or to enforce the law.
What about direct marketing?
We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our services that we consider may be of interest to you. These may include:
• offering to provide you with products or services provided by Follett & Co. and third party business partners; or
• sending you news and other information about Follett & Co. activities and general promotional material which
Follett & Co. believes may be of interest to you. These communications may be sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, fax and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth).
When Follett & Co. does this, Follett & Co. will provide you with an express opportunity to decline receiving any further communication from Follett & Co. of this type via an opt -out mechanism.
If you indicate a preference for a method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so.
We may log IP addresses (that is, the electronic addresses of computers connected to the internet) to analyse trends, administer the website, track users movements, and gather broad demographic information. As our website is linked to the Internet, and the Internet is inherently insecure, we cannot provide any assurance regarding the security of transmission of information you communicate to us online. We also cannot guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. Accordingly, any personal information or other information, which you transmit to us online, is transmitted at your own risk. Our website may contain links to other websites operated by third parties.
We make no representations or warranties in relation to the privacy practices of any third party website and we are not responsible for the privacy policies or the content of any third party website.
Third party websites are responsible for informing you about their own privacy practices.
Can I be anonymous when I deal with Follett & Co?
To some extent you can preserve your anonymity when you deal with Follett & Co. You can browse our website without providing any personal information, you can access our real-estate advertising in various publications and you can generally attend auctions without providing personal details if you do not intend to bid. However, when you enter into transactions with Follett & Co. that involve the sale, purchase or rental of real estate property, then various Acts, statutory legislation and regulations require you to provide Follett & Co. with personal information so as to identify you. What happens if I want to access or correct the personal information held about me? You may access your personal information held by Follett & Co., subject to some exceptions. We will respond to your request for access within 14 days and endeavour to provide the requested information within 30 days. Follett & Co. may charge you a reasonable fee to cover its administrative and other reasonable costs in providing the information to you. Follett & Co. will not charge for simply making the request and will not charge for making any corrections to your personal information.
Follett & Co. may not be able to provide access to information in some situations, including:
• where in Follett & Co’s opinion providing access may create a serious threat to the life or health of any individual or may be an unreasonable intrusion into the privacy of another individual;
• where your request for access is, in Follett & Co’s opinion, frivolous or vexatious; or
• where providing access would be unlawful, may prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity, may prejudice enforcement of law, or denying access is specifically authorised by law.
If for any reason Follett & Co. does not allow you to access your personal information, Follett & Co. will provide you with reasons in writing for its decision. If you believe that personal information Follett & Co. holds about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. Follett & Co. will consider if the information requires amendment. If Follett & Co. does not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then Follett & Co. will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
Who do I contact for further information?
Follett & Co’s Privacy Officer can assist you with any enquiries you have about the information that we hold about you. They can be contacted on (03) 95989111 from 9.00am to 5.00pm (Melbourne time), Monday to Friday. You can also write to the Privacy Officer at:
Follett & Co.
274 Bay Street
Brighton Victoria 3186
What if I have a complaint or concern?
If you have a complaint or concern you can phone the Follett & Co Privacy Officer on (03) 9598 9111 or write to the Privacy Officer at the address above. We will do our best to try and resolve your complaint within 90 days.What if you are unable to resolve my complaint or concern?
If we are unable to resolve your complaint within this time, or you are unhappy with the outcome, you may refer your complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner. The Australian Information Commissioner can becontacted at the below details:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 1042
Phone: 1300 363 992
Fax: (02) 9284 9666e-mail:
TTY:133 677 then ask for 1300 363 992
How does this policy change over time?
posted on our website and will be effective from the date of posting.
Although Follett & Co. intends to observe this policy at all times, it is not legally binding on Follett & Co. in anyway. From time to time Follett & Co. may regard it as necessary or desirable to act outside the policy. Follett &Co. may do so, subject only to any other applicable contractual rights you have and any statutory rights you have under the Act or other applicable legislation.